CHS Boosts Patient Experience With New Features in Epic
St. Charles Hospital and St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center, members of Catholic Health Services (CHS), have taken a step forward in elevating patient experience. On October 1st, the hospitals launched Epic’s revenue cycle technology. Epic is the most widely-used and comprehensive health record system and is already in use by clinicians across CHS. Working from a single, patient-centered system enables physicians, nurses, administrators, and support staff to have immediate, real-time access to relevant information.
Key new features in Epic at CHS include:
- Digital registration forms will replace many paper documents. Additionally, patients will have fewer forms to complete.
- Tablets are available in select clinics to offer patients the option to review and complete their demographic information digitally while in the waiting room.
- Additional privacy and security tools, including capturing patient photos, will help ensure patient information is protected.
- A consolidated statement means that patients will receive a single bill that covers treatment provided across the hospital and clinic.
- MyChart, a secure portal that allows patients to communicate with their providers and see test results, now also offers the option to pay bills online.
CHS launched Epic in 2012, part of its overall CHS eHealth initiative. A rollout of the hospital revenue stream to all six CHS hospitals is expected to be completed in 2019.
For more information, visit www.chsli.org or call 1-855-CHS-4500.